Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day6: Fish pills and powder shakes


I ran out of my food supplement just before the new year, have ordered more but have been OFF my morning shake for the last 6 days and I have noticed a difference in my hunger level. This is GOOD news as when it arrives again it makes me feel as if there will be a noticeable change in curbing my appetite in the short term. You could say I’ve fallen off the powder shake wagon I suppose…

The fish oil pills I have been taking have also had a noticeable change but I won’t elaborate as the details are not interesting in greater detail – suffice to say they seem to move things along. The REALLY exciting news is that my copper mixing bowl arrived yesterday and I’ve already had fun seeing the difference it makes with egg whites. Yvie’s eggs this morning were especially fluffy :-) I’ll start using 2 egg white to one yolk for my own eggs going forward as the mixing bowl gives the whites significant lift and the appearance of MORE. Nothing to be done about my slow scramble – that must stay the same but remain a weekend meal given the extra time it takes to cook the eggs over a warmer rather than directly on the flame. Rich, dense & moist… definitely a weekend process.

The copper bowl also is evidence that it’s the tools and process that feeds my passion almost as much as the product. I’m a kitchen gadget geek. I must be careful not to cross the line over to “Poser” kitchen gadget geek… Krysten still gives me a hard time about the pressure cooker I bought with my credit card bonus points that remains in the cupboard in our downstairs kitchen, collecting dust. I’ll consult Mr. Beard on pressure cookers over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment