Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21: Face Jam, Blood Pressure, and the DMV visit

The high so far today was 168/93 and the low was 121/68. My average over the last few weeks with current medication has been 135/78 which is okay given my burn rate.

Early morning was spent waiting in line and in the rain in a parking lot, with the hope and intent of convincing the California Department of Motor Vehicles to correct their mistake. Some individual must have misread the license plate number from the title of ownership I sent them after buying the Vespa as the digits are only a couple off, resulting in the license number on the registration and new ownership papers not matching the actual plates on the vehicle.

After my second line I spoke to someone who suggested that my vehicle may have been stolen and I would need to remove the plates and get back in another line, with the plates, the VIN, and my paperwork to determine if a) the Vespa was listed as stolen, and b) to start the process of correcting the error. And although there would be no fee, if the Vespa WAS listed as stolen, it would have to be returned o the previous owner and I would be questioned.

Having no tools to remove the plates I returned home, on the Vespa, in the rain, and will make another attempt the next spare morning I have (sometime in February perhaps). I took my blood pressure. Its was rather high until I made some coffee and sat with Yvie as she consumed whole wheat toast with blueberry jam, then took my blood pressure again and was much lower.

Conclusion: Blueberry Jam consumed by a 2 year-old lowers blood pressure

p.s. Anyone want to buy a Vespa?


No comments:

Post a Comment