Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22: The realist in us all


Here we find three 10 year-old boys. One is an optimist, the other a pessimist and the third a realist. They all enter a room filled with a HUGE pile of steaming hot, dung which is seemingly mixed with straw and course hair. The first exclaims “There MUST be a pony in there” and starts flinging the dung to one side of the room. The second says “I’m probably going to have to clean all that up; I’ll go get a shovel and bucket”. And the third boy thinks to himself… ” If there IS a pony in there, the optimist will find it and the pessimist will clean up the mess.” The moral of course is if you encounter a room full of shit, make sure you are flanked by an optimist AND a pessimist.

I’m 2 lbs down from January 1 and only feel marginally compromised for it. Although it seems like little progress, surprisingly I’m on track for my goal and over the hardest part in that I’ve past 22 days which makes this process habit-forming according to conventional wisdom and international folklore.

No comments:

Post a Comment