Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7: … and on the seventh day He… was retrospective


Still no food supplement but I’m feeling much better about what it will take to reach my goals for this journey. Not loosing weight but being healthier and happier with my skin. Feeling physically good every day; having enough energy for my body to keep up with my mind; living without pain or physical limitations; and most importantly with sustainability.

Seven things I will avoid moving forward for this year:
1. Cakes, cookies and processed snack foods
2. Deep-fried foods
3. Cheese – as a course (mozzarella, ricotta and some other cheeses added to cooking are exceptions)
4. Palm, palm oil and all saturated oils (or fats really)
5. Red meat (ouch!)
6. Meat skin (poultry, crackling, ouch again)
7. Trans fats (ie “partially hydrogenated” oils)

Seven things I will seek out this year:
1. Maximize my water intake and sustain that on a daily basis
2. Monitor my Insulin levels (the ever abhorred lab work)
3. Exercise (amount TBD – I want to be realistic before I set goals)
4. Meditation with yoga (if muscles need a rest period to grow, and the brain is a muscle…)
5. Portion control (someone once said to me, “I mainly lost weight because I stopped eating like a pig”)
6. Eating more frequently (this will be hard as quick small meals takes the fun out of the process)
7. Nutritional supplements (seldom will pills fix the problem, but in this case as with hyper tension they will help me through the symptoms)
Now for coffee…

2 comments:

  1. It's an exciting challenge for you to take on, and I hope it goes well. I look forward to comparing notes, I have a similar task set for myself (although my goals are somewhat different, I'd like to slim down a bit prior to taking on Project Mini-We, which will be happening soon.)

    And I'm taking notes for the next time we make dinner for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some pretty good goals. Coconut milk is also full of saturated fat which explains why thai food is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete