Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5: My nutritionist and the roast


Missing my 2nd nutritionist appointment is not a great start to the first week of the year, but, it’s a journey, a relay-race, blah, blah, blah… and its rescheduled for next week so it’s a hiccup not a full stop.


This week I’m taking measurements on my waist, stomach and my weight (and as someone suggested, blood pressure); setting the bar here and now the goal being to lose 50 lbs this year on my own personal gourmet diet where I eat mostly the best foods, prepared how I want, without a new gym membership or frozen food packets, or diet pills or liposuction or the alcoholic & stress diet (booze and cigarettes and no food except pizza and burritos once a day – only works if you are under 30 and work for a start-up tech company).


I really like my nutritionist. She is Le Cordon Bleu graduate and we chatted an extra 45 minutes during our first meeting on the different ways to use sage, how to cook vegetables, the dangers of the wrong kinds of starch, the virtues of cooking with grape seed oil and I learned that Coconut oil and milk is actually not as bad as we have come to believe (which was very exciting to learn). Some of you have commented that beginning my new journey with deep dish pizza is an odd way to start a diet. True. This isn’t a diet. It’s a new way of life. I have to trick myself or it’s not going to work. Its double reverse psychology and I have absolute faith that it will either work or fail.
I will send out emails this afternoon within invitation to a filet mignon dinner to a lucky few who are first to respond… I’m also thinking about roast beets; rainbow kale with caramelized onions and scalloped potatoes. Maybe a cold spinach soup frise for an amuse-bouche. No beer.

3 comments:

  1. Note to self: Bernaise sauce is good on filet mignon but gets overwhelmed if used on a steak with a dry-rub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like steak. and bernaise sauce, and beets and kale...i missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Rambling Penelope, your time will come soon enough. ;p

    ReplyDelete